dataTables Editor 1.9 multi editing problem + strange problem on example section

dataTables Editor 1.9 multi editing problem + strange problem on example section

berusberus Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello.
I was trying to select a single column (after filtered) and than edit that value for all the the rows, for all the pages (server side).
Till now my result is that only values on current page are changed.
I have looked this example https://editor.datatables.net/examples/advanced/multiItem.html
In this example if i select a column I can edit all the pages.
But If I use the search to filter ... using selectcolumns button , editor change values for all records (filtered or not) . This is strange not good.

however in my table I filter rows by column, select one columns and than try to edit values on all pages ...but work only for the current page.
i have a custom button with action 'table.column(14).select();'

Any suggestions to get the right result ? Maybe I need to select all rows instead of column ?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

When you select a column, you are not selecting cells but rather a column index. So to some extent I would expect what you are seeing on that example page - however, I certainly see your point and acknowledge it as undesirable in your use case.

To address you can use your custom button with a selector-modifier - e.g.:

table.cells(null, 14, {search: 'applied').select()

i.e. that is going to select all cells in column index 14 for only rows which are shown in the applied search.

Allan

• berusberus Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thank you Allan for your support.
    I understand what you said, however my main problem wasn't about the filter ( I have only noted that thing on the example).

I have read the selector-modifier page and on the paragraph server side processing is wrote "selector can only select those rows which are on the current page."

After viewing that example I thought that with datables editor controller was different : I thought that was able to edit seleted cells on all pages (not only the current page).
    Using column select or , as in your reply , cells selector with or without selector modifier I have the same result : only the value of the cells (filtered) on current page are changed.

If there isn't a solution ... I will keep this way ... :)

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I thought that was able to edit seleted cells on all pages (not only the current page).

When you are using server-side processing, I'm afraid current page selection is all that is possible. The selection is purely a client-side implementation, so if you change page in the table, the selection is lost (it can't be retained since we don't retain any information about that previous page).

The only way for this to work with server-side processing enabled would be to tell the server what cells are selected - i.e. the server stores the selection state. That's beyond the scope of what we've tried to do with Editor so far I'm afraid.

Allan

• berusberus Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thank you !

This discussion has been closed.