Problem with custom search box with single dropdown for selecting individual columns

Problem with custom search box with single dropdown for selecting individual columns

djevoxdjevox Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello, I'm using jqueryUI with datatables, have disabled the built-in search input (while keeping searching on), and have made my own search input and dropdown that narrows the search to individual columns (image below).

I've set a value of 0-3 for each item in the dropdown, and have an if statement using the dropdown value of the current selection to perform the column().search().draw().

The issue I'm having is that if I leave the dropdown in condition 0 (or "All"), it performs the global search fine. The first thing I change the dropdown to works fine. If I make a selection after that I get no results, almost like there is some sort of prior "search state" saved, and it's filtering the new values based on the previous search.

Here is a datatables jsbin that shows the issue (not sure how to login and save at live.datatables.net so hope it works)
http://live.datatables.net/recuqigi/1/edit?html,css,js,console,output

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,166Questions: 26Answers: 4,921

I believe the column().search() API calls are cumulative. So sounds like you may need to clear the other columns searches with something like this when filtering only column 0:

stdTable
                        .column(1)
                        .search("");
                    stdTable
                        .column(2)
                        .search("")
                    stdTable
                        .column(0)
                        .search(this.value)
                        .draw();

You may also be able to use this, you will need to test though:

stdTable
                        .columns( [1, 2] )
                        .search("");
                    stdTable
                        .column(0)
                        .search(this.value)

Kevin

• djevoxdjevox Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited October 2019

Thanks! I originally did what's in the below code. I didn't think of trying to clear individual columns like that. I'll do some testing.

$('#djn-table-input-1').on('keyup', function () {
        stdTable
        .columns()
        .search('')
        .column(0)
            .search(this.value)
            .draw();
    });

This discussion has been closed.