Sort function is broken

Sort function is broken

TheMatadorTheMatador Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2009 in Bug reports
hello,
first, thank you for your great Datatables.
I use Datatables with dragtable (http://www.danvk.org/wp/dragtable/), which helps to reorder the columns. But when I reorder the columns, the sort function doesn't work correct. It mixes the different columns. I hope you can fix this someday, so that I can use both libraries. By the way, dragtable does work with sorttable, but which is not almost as good as datatables. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Hi,

I'm not too surprised that this doesn't work. The dragtable jQuery plug-in will only re-arrange the DOM - it won't re-arrange DataTables' internal storage. It's not so much a case of fixing this since nothing is actually broken, but rather it will require implementation of re-ordering of columns in DataTables. The internal storage of DataTables 1.5 allows for this - it's just that a plug-in for this needs written... And that's just a case of finding the time!

Allan
  • TheMatadorTheMatador Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    ok. what does that mean? a plugin could help to use dragable with datatables. but you are not sure if you implement it someday and you even more don't know when you could do that. I hope you can find some time :). thanks for your fast reply!
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    What I mean is that the functionality you are looking for could be provided by a plug-in for DataTables (it might involve using the dragable jQuery plug-in - I'm not sure...). Having thought about it, it's probably not all that difficult to do.

It's something I would like to do, but at the moment getting 1.5 released with the unit test suite is my top priority for DataTables. However, it's open source, so anyone can have a go at writing this plug-in :-).

Allan
This discussion has been closed.