Editor's Trial version on Azure.

Editor's Trial version on Azure.

wasifmuneerwasifmuneer Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have implemented the Inline Editing for the row with the trial version Editor. All working fine on local machine. But when I deploy it on Azure, the page does not load properly and chrome keeps asking me to wait or exit the request.
If I remove the reference of editor then pages works fine as usual.

So question is do I have to purchase license for editor and then it will work on Azure?

Thanks

Answers

  • colincolin Posts: 6,548Questions: 0Answers: 1,128

    Hi @wasifmuneer ,

    If the issue was the Editor license, you would see an error message explicitly saying that in the browser. Are you seeing console errors?

    If you can link to the page, we can take a look.

    Cheers,

    Colin

  • wasifmuneerwasifmuneer Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

    I am using the Licensed version now, but the page still keeps loading.

    I see this error, and it seems FontAwesome files are missing , but they are available, and they are all working fine with localhost. But on Server I am seeing this error, and when I remove the Editor's Code from the page, it loads fine as usual.

  • wasifmuneerwasifmuneer Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Hi Colin,
    Somehow I have resolved the issue of loading FontAwesome , by following this https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-fix-font-awesome-webfont-woff2-not-found/

    But I am still facing same loading issue, the datatable where Editor is initiated, keeps loading and loading on Production Server (Azure).

    Thanks

  • kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 6,734Questions: 22Answers: 1,461

    Are you able to provide a link to a test case as Colin ask for?

    Have you looked at the browsers developer tools to see if there is a request that is not receiving a response?

    Kevin

  • wasifmuneerwasifmuneer Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Unfortunately I am not able to provide any link, but I will try to get it, and I am also trying to improve the references of the JS files, and I think there is some issue with JS referencing. I updated the Jquery.Datatables.net 1.10.20 and now the site also taking long on localhost. and I am also trying to find out the issue using developer tool of chrome, but not yet found any issue, except pending response from some files.

  • kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 6,734Questions: 22Answers: 1,461
    edited November 12

    except pending response from some files.

    Which files?

    Are they CSS or JS files or XHR requests?

    Kevin

  • wasifmuneerwasifmuneer Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

    It is document type, showing in devtools of chrome, and it seems some file like jquery.datatables.1.10.20.js and bootstrap files are mismatching with my other project reference files which keeps it loading and loading.
    The File Chat.JS is showing pending in the devtools.

    If I reference jquery.datatables.1.10.10.js which is supplied with the theme I am using, then Chat.JS loads successfully, but document type request keeps pending.

  • colincolin Posts: 6,548Questions: 0Answers: 1,128

    Are you able to link to your page so we can take a look?

  • allanallan Posts: 50,746Questions: 1Answers: 7,583 Site admin

    Yes, there is something really odd going on here. If you can't make the page public, you can send Colin and / or myself a private message by clicking our forum user names and then the "Send message" button.

    Allan

  • wasifmuneerwasifmuneer Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

    I have sent the message, and what I have done, I just removed trial version and entered the licensed file of Editor , and also have disabled the Chat.JS file. so It worked on my local PC, but after uploading on the Azure, its again keep loading loading.

    TTFB waiting as per image, don't have idea, why server is blocking.

  • wasifmuneerwasifmuneer Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited November 14

    Hello,
    With the help of Allan, and after removing the bundle minification of Editor and directly placing the reference of datatables.editor.min.js on the Razor view like the following image, it is working now.

    Thank you for the help Allan,

    Thanks

Sign In or Register to comment.