Editor's Trial version on Azure.

Editor's Trial version on Azure.

wasifmuneerwasifmuneer Posts: 12Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have implemented the Inline Editing for the row with the trial version Editor. All working fine on local machine. But when I deploy it on Azure, the page does not load properly and chrome keeps asking me to wait or exit the request.
If I remove the reference of editor then pages works fine as usual.

So question is do I have to purchase license for editor and then it will work on Azure?

Thanks

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,116Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @wasifmuneer ,

If the issue was the Editor license, you would see an error message explicitly saying that in the browser. Are you seeing console errors?

If you can link to the page, we can take a look.

Cheers,

Colin

• wasifmuneerwasifmuneer Posts: 12Questions: 2Answers: 0

I am using the Licensed version now, but the page still keeps loading.

I see this error, and it seems FontAwesome files are missing , but they are available, and they are all working fine with localhost. But on Server I am seeing this error, and when I remove the Editor's Code from the page, it loads fine as usual.

Hi Colin,
    Somehow I have resolved the issue of loading FontAwesome , by following this https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-fix-font-awesome-webfont-woff2-not-found/

But I am still facing same loading issue, the datatable where Editor is initiated, keeps loading and loading on Production Server (Azure).

Thanks

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Are you able to provide a link to a test case as Colin ask for?

Have you looked at the browsers developer tools to see if there is a request that is not receiving a response?

Kevin

Unfortunately I am not able to provide any link, but I will try to get it, and I am also trying to improve the references of the JS files, and I think there is some issue with JS referencing. I updated the Jquery.Datatables.net 1.10.20 and now the site also taking long on localhost. and I am also trying to find out the issue using developer tool of chrome, but not yet found any issue, except pending response from some files.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    edited November 2019

except pending response from some files.

Which files?

Are they CSS or JS files or XHR requests?

Kevin

It is document type, showing in devtools of chrome, and it seems some file like jquery.datatables.1.10.20.js and bootstrap files are mismatching with my other project reference files which keeps it loading and loading.
    The File Chat.JS is showing pending in the devtools.

If I reference jquery.datatables.1.10.10.js which is supplied with the theme I am using, then Chat.JS loads successfully, but document type request keeps pending.

Are you able to link to your page so we can take a look?

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Yes, there is something really odd going on here. If you can't make the page public, you can send Colin and / or myself a private message by clicking our forum user names and then the "Send message" button.

Allan

I have sent the message, and what I have done, I just removed trial version and entered the licensed file of Editor , and also have disabled the Chat.JS file. so It worked on my local PC, but after uploading on the Azure, its again keep loading loading.

TTFB waiting as per image, don't have idea, why server is blocking.

edited November 2019

Hello,
    With the help of Allan, and after removing the bundle minification of Editor and directly placing the reference of datatables.editor.min.js on the Razor view like the following image, it is working now.

Thank you for the help Allan,

Thanks

Excellent, thanks for reporting back.

Hi Collin,

I have another issue, I am seeing the Trial version notification in console message, however I am using licensed version.

Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

That means either:

1. The trial version is still present on the page somewhere (or hasn't been replaced), or
    2. You have a cached version of the file.

Try clearing your browser's cache and see if that helps.

Allan

I have replaced the files, and also created cache and now I am getting error, you can also check the test page.

Thanks

Can you post the URL of the page you want checked?

Hi Colin,

I got the correct files and now its working fine even in bundler minification as well.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.