Inline edit breaks when switching between tabs

Inline edit breaks when switching between tabs

ztaylor1990ztaylor1990 Posts: 27Questions: 10Answers: 0

I am using datatables inline edit with tablinks. When I switch between tabs, from the default tab with the inline edit table to a new tab and then back to the default tab the editor stops working. In the console I get the following error. "Uncaught Cannot edit more than one field inline at a time". How can I fix this issue? I can not find any documentation online where someone is having the same issue.

I am creating and destroying the datatables like this on the onclick for my tabs. The tables reinitialize just fine, except the inline edit no longer works until I refresh the page.
rfpworking();$('#rfphistory').dataTable().fnDestroy();rfphistory();

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,231Questions: 1Answers: 2,594

Hi @ztaylor1990 ,

I suspect you would need to also destroy() the Editor instance when you recreate the tables. If that doesn't work, are you able to link to your page?

Cheers,

Colin

• ztaylor1990ztaylor1990 Posts: 27Questions: 10Answers: 0

My page requires a login and is on my companies server. This is my default tab where the inline edit is working.
    As soon as I switch tabs and then switch back to my default the inline edit no longer works and I receive this message. Uncaught Cannot edit more than one field inline at a time

I tried the destroy (editor.destroy();) but then I get the following error. Cannot read property 'destroy' of undefined

I believe this is the part of the datatable that is not working correct?

So I am not sure where I am supposed to destroy the editor and furthermore how do I reinitialize it?

• colincolin Posts: 15,231Questions: 1Answers: 2,594

It sounds like you're holding open an edit one switching tabs, but without seeing the problem, it's really shooting in the dark. I appreciate you can't give access to your site, but could you create a simplified test case (maybe based on this) that demonstrates the issue?

I found the problem when troubleshooting the live.datatable link with my project.

I had my function inside the inline edit call.
    // Activate an inline edit on click of a table cell
    $('#rfpworking').on( 'click', 'tbody td', function (e) {
    editor.inline(rfpworking.cell( this ).index(), {
    onBlur: 'submit',

} );
    } );

I removed it and it works just fine now.
    editor.inline( this ).index(), {
    } ;
    } );

Thanks

Correction to the above comment this is what fixed my issue..
    editor.inline(this), {
    } ;
    } );

This discussion has been closed.