Using sql view as datasource for editor

Using sql view as datasource for editor

crlsealanacrlsealana Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Dear experts,

Newbie here. I just started using the datatables editor for two weeks now. I read in one of the discussions, that it is not yet possible to use a stored procedure as datasource for the datatables editor. However, someone suggested that we can use an SQL view, which internally calls the stored procedure, as datasource. But how do we filter its data? I reckon it will be via the where clause editor filter, but isn't it that this will cause a performance issue because the dataset produced from the backend SQL is initially too many? Would it be possible to filter right away from the backend the dataset, like providing parameters to the SQL view when it's called?

Appreciate much your response on this.

Thanks.

Answers

• rossbobrossbob Posts: 29Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi There. I've just done this myself, using MySQL. It works well enough and allows almost all of the functionality that Editor offers but I've started to notice a few drawbacks. Filtering is via normal SQL mechanisms, at least in MySQL ie using "Where" as youve suggested. Most of the pitfalls I am having when I have to insert a new record.

This discussion has been closed.