table id=example - Invalid JSON response

table id=example - Invalid JSON response

basribasri Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

ı am trying to launch the processed results on XCMSonline website at:

https://xcmsonline.scripps.edu/landing_page.php?pgcontent=viewResults

but keep getting the

DataTables warning: table id=example - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/1

error when trying to view my results.

I have no idea about what it is about and don't know how to fix it. (or can I fix it)

Any help will be appreciated.

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

Diagnostic steps are explained at the link in the error message. That would be where to start debugging.

• basribasri Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

This what I end up getting after following the JSON instructions.

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

As the tech note says, if the server isn't sending back JSON, you'll need to address that - it'll be a problem in the server scripts.

Colin

So do I need to approach to XCMS folks then at Scripps then?

The XCMSonline worked perfectly fine till today and I have no idea where this bug came from.
    Forgive me for my ignorance but I am a total alien tocomputing terms such as JSON, Ajax request and these kind of stuff.
    I am just a good biochemist trying to analyze my experimental data and faced this issue and quite desperate now and even don't know where to go from here.

Yep, on your screenshots, the server-side scripts are either returning nothing, or "NA" - we would expect to be sent a JSON object containing the table's data - so you need to speak to whoever owns/maintains those server-side scripts.

Colin

Thanks Colin, I have already contacted wıth them and they will take care of it.
    It is quite strange as the XCMS is a super user friendly and a problem free online tool. Thank you very much for your promt replies

Just as a notification we found the solution. I was just using some Turkish characters like Ü and Ö in the job name while using XCMS interfaces. Somehow it was messing it up. When the server admin changed the Ü to U it reloaded.

Wanted to share if anybody else faces a similar issue.

Thanks for posting back.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.