Automatic line numbering

Automatic line numbering

rainrain Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

Good afternoon! Information is constantly being added to the existing table, which should be displayed alphabetically and by number. If you add a new line and drag alphabetically, then the serial numbers have to be edited manually. A lot of work. IN
Excel such work is done automatically. Is there such an opportunity in this plugin and what needs to be done for this? Thanks for the reply in advance.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

I'm not quite following - do you mean something like this?

Colin

• rainrain Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thank you for your quick reply! Yes, it needs to be in order and alphabetically. There is such a sorting .. But I'm interested in the possibility of automatically assigning a serial number for new data in the admin panel. For example, in the existing table, there are 10 names for the letter A, and the next 15 for the letter B and so on, and I need to add a name to the letter A. After the name is added, it must be set alphabetically, but the numbers remain the same, that is, two lines with the same number are obtained and all numbers must be set in order manually. If in Excel, then you can simply do everything with the mouse, but here I don’t know how to use it to make it easier.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,166Questions: 26Answers: 4,921
    Answer ✓

Are you asking about auto fill capabilities? If so then the AutoFill plugin is what you are looking for.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.