Input fields in MatDialog become sluggish with >200 lines in underlying table

Input fields in MatDialog become sluggish with >200 lines in underlying table

mkoorevaarmkoorevaar Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,
I am using the Material Dialog that contains input fields. When I show the dialog and the underlying table has a few rows (e.g. less than 200), the input component reacts immediately. However when the table contains more rows, e.g. 600, the input fields become sluggish and has a lack of about 0.5 to 1 second.
* I am not using pagination, while the user demands all rows visible.
* I have extensively looked at the calls like drawing/keylisteners etc.on the table, but couldn't find any excessive call.
* I also use 'changeDetection: ChangeDetectionStrategy.OnPush' for the component to improve performance.
It looks like something is happening in the underlying table (which was already rendered) that somehow reacts on the input fields and consumes some resources that causes the sluggish reaction/feedback in the inputfield.

Any idea what is causing this and how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.