Add a custom Start Page to PDF for DataTables Export ?

Add a custom Start Page to PDF for DataTables Export ?

Venky1995Venky1995 Posts: 14Questions: 9Answers: 0

Hi All,

I have been working with dataTables for quite some time now. I am now at a point where I would like to learn about how custom PDF exports work in dataTables. With that said, I can already make PDFs as per my convenience. The only thing I need to work on is the Addition of a custom introduction page for the PDF which wraps some information on how the users are supposed to use it and so on (like glossary and accuracy information). All of this would be text based information with a couple of images. This particular custom page will be appended to any PDF which is generated by clicking the PDF button. Any input is appreciated on this. Thanks! And DataTables Rock!

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,453Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

How are you currently creating your pdf's? We use pdfmake on the client-side to create the exported table's pdf, so if you are also using pdfmake, you could readily use its API to alter the document as you need through the available customize callback of the pdfHtml5 button.

If you aren't usin pdfmake you can either:

1. Start using it
    2. Send the export table data somewhere else to generate the exported pdf rather than using our exporting functions.

Allan

• Venky1995Venky1995 Posts: 14Questions: 9Answers: 0

@Allan I am currently using the pdfmake API to get the PDFs working. However, I could not see any viable information or methods to add a blank page either on the pdfMake Documentation. If you have an idea as to how this could be done, I will be happy to learn the same from you. Thanks!!

This discussion has been closed.