Add multiple rows at once

Add multiple rows at once

mihalispmihalisp Posts: 127Questions: 22Answers: 0
edited January 15 in Editor

Hello,i want the make the Editor to insert multiple rows by a single call.
I have 4 fields with 2 datepickers (username,absence_type,start_date,end_date) and i want to insert multiple rows(according to the difference between edn_date-start_date) for a specific user and absence_type.
Now,i have to open n times the Editor modal window to insert n rows which is not convenient.
The username and absence_type will be the same for the n rows,The only field that will be different is the date field (start_date-end_date).

Thank you.

Answers

• mihalispmihalisp Posts: 127Questions: 22Answers: 0

I can't edit the above code from that post so that it only loops the date field (start_date untill end_date).The username and absence_type are fixed.

• colincolin Posts: 9,806Questions: 0Answers: 1,623

You might be able to use multiSet() - see my example in this thread. Likewise, this thread here shows how to add multiple rows based on the value in one cell.

Colin

Can you help me here on this?
    How to use multiset() to insert many similar rows but with different date field (as many rows as the differnce in days ,end_date - start_date) .

At the moment if i want to insert an employee's absence for 5 consecutive days,i have to make the same thing that is add a new row 5 times.

Thank you in advance

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 10,609Questions: 25Answers: 2,416

One option is to use a loop with field().multiSet(), for example:
    http://live.datatables.net/guwafemu/99/edit

The CSV Import plugin uses the same technique.

Is this what you are looking for?

Kevin

Yes something like that.
    I think i have to use it in the editor's modal box.Do i have to use the onpresubmit event in Editor??
    Or preventdefault ?

Thank you again!

• colincolin Posts: 9,806Questions: 0Answers: 1,623

That depends on your business logic. You could do in an event, or within a button, like Kevin's example above.

Colin