stateLoadCallback causing strange error on nextPage click and leading zeros on page info

stateLoadCallback causing strange error on nextPage click and leading zeros on page info

soulbriskisoulbriski Posts: 21Questions: 7Answers: 0

Hi,

I've uploaded a config report ref: afebor

I'm saving and loading state info to and from a MySql source via ajax using typical ajax methods. Everything works perfectly well except for two strange glitches.

1. The "info"string is displaying like:- Showing 01 to 025 of 52 entries (Notice leading zeros)
  2. The "pagingType": "full_numbers" is working OK except for the NEXT button. When clicked, the console reports the error:- TypeError: w is undefined

My Save and Load code in the dataTables script is as follows:-

var tbl = $('#' + tableId).DataTable( {
  stateSave: true,
                    stateSaveCallback: function (settings, ssData) {
                        $.ajax({
                            url: '" . URL . "myaccount/saveview/' + tableId,
                            data: ssData,
                            dataType: 'json',
                            type: 'POST',
                            success: function(){}
                        });
                    },
                stateLoadCallback: function (settings, callback) {
                        $.ajax( {
                            url: '" . URL . "myaccount/loadview/' + tableId,
                            dataType: 'json',

success: function (json) {
                                callback(json);
                            }
                        });
                }

My php code in my controller is:-

public function loadView($table_id)
    {
        $json = UserModel::getMyTableView($table_id);

echo $json; 
    }
    public function saveView($table_id)
    {
        $json = json_encode($_POST);

// if we don't clean the POSTed data then "columns":[{"visible":"false" wont work on stateLoadCallback(). it needs to be "columns":[{"visible":false
        $clean = str_replace('"false"', 'false', $json); 

echo UserModel::saveView($table_id, $clean);
    }

and in my model, the code is:-

public static function getMyTableView($table_id)
        {
            $sql = "SELECT state_save FROM user_views WHERE user_id = :user_id AND table_id = :table_id LIMIT 1";

$database = DatabaseFactory::getFactory()->getConnection();

$query = $database->prepare($sql);
            $query->execute(array(':user_id' => Session::get('user_id'), ':table_id' => $table_id));

$row = $query->fetch();

if (empty($row))
            {
                return json_encode(array());
            } else {
                return $row->state_save;
            }
        }

public static function saveView($table_id, $post)
        {

$sql = "INSERT INTO user_views (user_id, table_id, state_save) VALUES (:user_id, :table_id, :state_save) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE table_id = :table_id, state_save = :state_save";

$database = DatabaseFactory::getFactory()->getConnection();
            $query = $database->prepare($sql);
            //$query->execute(array(':table_id' => $post['table_id'], ':column_list' => $post['column_list'], ':user_id' => Session::get('user_id')));
            $query->execute(array(':table_id' => $table_id, ':state_save' => $post, ':user_id' => Session::get('user_id')));

if ($query->rowCount()) {
                    return 'Layout Saved';
            }
            return 'The layout could not be saved';
        }

I've ran the debugger on my table and received no errors or warnings and I can't find anything that refers to this sort of problem

Thank you

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,205Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Answer ✓

That suggests that the state being loaded contains strings for the number values, rather than numbers - e.g.

start: "0"

compared to:

start: 0

Can you show me the JSON that you are loading as the state?

Thanks,
    Allan

• soulbriskisoulbriski Posts: 21Questions: 7Answers: 0

Bang on Allan!! Thank you for your help.

I have added the JSON_NUMERIC_CHECK option to the json_encode function before the save like:-

$json = json_encode($_POST, JSON_NUMERIC_CHECK);

It has corrected the issue now and key: value pairs are saved like "start": 0 instead of "start": "0"

• soulbriskisoulbriski Posts: 21Questions: 7Answers: 0

Can you show me the JSON that you are loading as the state?

The JSON before the correction (typical)
    {"time":"1580867942647","start":"0","length":"25","order":[["0","asc"]],"search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"},"columns":[{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}}],"ColReorder":["0","2","1","4","3","5"]}

And after the JSON_NUMERIC_CHECK option was added to the json_encodefunction (differnent table)
    {"time":1580930224417,"start":0,"length":25,"order":[[0,"asc"]],"search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"},"columns":[{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}},{"visible":"true","search":{"search":"","smart":"true","regex":false,"caseInsensitive":"true"}}],"ColReorder":[0,1,2,3,4,5,6]}

• allanallan Posts: 63,205Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Perfect! Thanks for letting me know about JSON_NUMERIC_CHECK - I wasn't aware of that option.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.