Add editor datatable from a button

Add editor datatable from a button

klinglerklingler Posts: 90Questions: 42Answers: 2

Good afternoon (o;

I am just playing with the trial version of datatable editor for our internal ordering system where of course lots of tables will be used..

One page for example shows a table of shopping carts which are either empty or incomplete....

So is it possible when I click in the cart table that it shows in a new table, which is editable, all items belonging to this cart or an empty cart?

Of course the ajax url GET parameter would change as well when selecting a different cart...

thanks in advance
richard

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• klinglerklingler Posts: 90Questions: 42Answers: 2
    edited February 2020

Evening (o;

Seems not to be a very active forum here....so wonder if I should buy this plugin at all
    or how to present to our management if it makes sense (o;

Nevertheless...think I've found a stupid solution to my problem...
    Basically just a simple:

` function editrows(orderid)
    {
    var table = $('#example').DataTable();
    table.ajax.url( '/inc/json.items.php?orderid=' + orderid).load();
    editor.s.ajax = '/inc/json.items.php?orderid=' + orderid;
    }

`

Works for me so far...

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598
    Answer ✓

Glad you found a solution. The staff who reply are UK based, so you caught us in bed, other users frequently reply too.

Colin

• klinglerklingler Posts: 90Questions: 42Answers: 2

Well..still learning this plugin (o;

It made a good impression to our employees when I showed it today..everyone is keen to get rid of a single Excel spreadsheet....yes I know...das but true in this time (o;

So how is the experience with the support team after buying this plugin?

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

For an unbiased point of view, other customer's might be able to reply, but as you'll see from the other threads, Colin, myself and Sandy are the employees who work on DataTables, while we have fantastic community help from Kevin and others.

As Colin says we are UK based, and generally work regular UK hours for support. We aim to reply to all posts from license holders and trial users within 1 working day.

Again if you have a look at the other threads, you'll see that it is not unusual for us to post 30 or more replies per day.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.