Datatable not showing header after displaying a hide table

Datatable not showing header after displaying a hide table

jacloudjacloud Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

I have a table in my html page:

<

table id="mainTable" class="table table-striped center" style="display:none"> when the table is loaded I show them with:

fnInitComplete: function () {
$('#mainTable').show();
}

But header is not visible, i cheked the html and it generate another table without id that constains the style="display:none" for the header.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,166Questions: 26Answers: 4,921

Your code snippet works here:
    http://live.datatables.net/riquyato/1/edit

Please update the test case to show the issue so we can help debug. Or post a link to your page.

Kevin

• jacloudjacloud Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I update a demo with the problem.

live.datatables.net/powawijo/1/edit

edited February 2020

Perfect, thanks. Its because of scrollX. scrollX creates a clone of the header in order for scrolling to work. I guess since its hidden it clones nothing. You will probably be better off hiding a div that contains the table then showing that:
    http://live.datatables.net/rehuloka/1/edit

If the columns don't align correctly then you might also need to add columns.adjust() to initComplete after the show() method to recalc the column widths.

Kevin

• jacloudjacloud Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, now I can see the header as you say but the column size are wrong so I tried with the method adjust but it still wrong.

I have a hidden column so i update the demo is easy to see if you have only two view for example html and output and reload the page.

live.datatables.net/rehuloka/5/edit

The problem is FixedHeader is not compatible with the Datatables scrolling features. From the FixedHeader docs:

Please note that FixedHeader is not currently compatible with tables that have the scrolling features of DataTables enabled (scrollX / scrollY). Please refer to the compatibility table for full compatibility details.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.