Customize DataLayout for Printing

Customize DataLayout for Printing

jeffhjeffh Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited February 2020 in Free community support

First time using DataTables it's been pretty easy setting it up but I did require a bit of customization and I'm not sure if there's a way to do it. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I need to customize the print layout. Basically I have a column that contains a lot of data, it is essentially holding comments from users which could be several hundred characters long. I would like to move this piece of data in the print screen to some sort of text field below the rest of the data where it can span across the entire width of the document instead of being restricted to an actual table layout.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

That will require some customisation. This thread here should help - this shows how to export child rows, but you could apply the same logic to the long rows. Another option perhaps is to make the table responsive, so the comment cell becomes a child row - see thread here.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.