using Editor version, question about simple inline editing example

using Editor version, question about simple inline editing example

GabeTheGreatGabeTheGreat Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello all,

so I've been playing around with creating basic apps. I can use DataTables to view my tables in an app, it displays and scrolls fine, but I want to add inline editing so I can edit or add data to the table. The table is in an html file using html tags. So I have a few questions....

1. I downloaded the trial version of editor and I like the example for Simple Inline Editing, it looks good for my needs, but it uses ajax/php and i'm going to be using this in an app. Is there another similar example which can do everything in the phone without a server? I just need it to pull in the html table, and be able to edit cells.

2. i'm gonna try and use a form to add new rows to the html table, i'm guessing there's no examples of that, but thought i'd ask just in case....

3. is there a way to apply the dataTables JavaScript to a separate html file with a table in it? It only works for me if I have the table in the same html file as the dataTable JavaScript (using #example). I tried using !table.html#example but no luck.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

1) Is there another similar example which can do everything in the phone without a server?

Have a look at this example. It isn't inline editing, but that could readily be added.

Keep in mind that the data in that example is not persistent. If you aren't going to have a server, you need to consider where you are going to store the data. localStorage is an option but then it is only in that phone.

1. i'm gonna try and use a form to add new rows to the html table, i'm guessing there's no examples of that, but thought i'd ask just in case....

All of our examples use Editor's regular create() form. But you could build your own form and then use create() and set the values from the form if you wanted.

is there a way to apply the dataTables JavaScript to a separate html file with a table in it?

I don't understand I'm afraid. Your question makes it sounds like you can load multiple html pages in a single browser window?

Allan

This discussion has been closed.