Can I use DataTables and Editor in my one solution or can I use Editor by itself?

Can I use DataTables and Editor in my one solution or can I use Editor by itself?

jboconnejboconne Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 1

I have used DataTables for simple Data Grid display purposes. I love it!
I just discovered Editor and I like the CRUD capabilities it provides.
Here are my 2 use cases:
1) just display read-only data from db on the main page of a public facing site using DataTables
2) In an admin back-end scenario use Editor for CRUD capabilities of the database items which is used as the primary data source for Use Case #1.

Is there a way that I can use Editor for both use cases? If so, how does one disable the CRUD capabilities of Editor so that I can satisfy use case #1? (Remove Create, Edit, Delete buttons)
If I can't use Editor for both Use cases, would it be ok to use DataTables on the read-only page (Use Case #1) combined with Editor for the back-end admin page (Use Case #2)?

I would appreciate any help I can get with this matter.

Thanks
Jeff
I'm using ASP.Net Core 3.1 MVC and SQL Server and visual Studio 2019 for the solution

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Editor is just an extension for DataTables that provides write support for that table. If you want the table to be read-only, your use case 1, then you would just use DataTables in isolation.

For 2, you can either use the standard back-end scripts, or a specific REST interface demonstrated here.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.