search panes - wrong package name included

search panes - wrong package name included

cunneencunneen Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, thanks for Datatables it's amazing! I'm really looking forward to getting search panes working.

In the datatables.net-searchpanes-dt npm module v1.0.1, there's a couple of typos: one on line 18 where it's trying to require the npm package in camel case (npm packages aren't allowed to be camel case) :

require('datatables.net-searchPanes')(root, $); // should be searchpanes instead of searchPanes

Lines 17-18 in datatables.net-searchpanes-dt/searchPanes.dataTables.js .

... and another on line 17 above it, where it checks to see if $.fn.dataTable.searchPanes is defined :

if (!$.fn.dataTable.searchPanes) { // should be SearchPanes instead of searchPanes

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Agreed on both points - thanks! @sandy

Allan

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

I've raised it internally (DD-1376 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

@cunneen This has been fixed now, and will be included in the next SearchPanes release (likely to be in the next month or two).

• ecarlottiecarlotti Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I installed it three times today from the NPM repository - I'm sure I'm using the latest 1.1.1 version, but still the same issue is happening - for the exact same reason. I was able to manually fix it as described by @cunneen in my node_modules folder.

I checked the github repository and the fix is there for version 1.1.1.

What could be happening?

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @ecarlotti ,

We've actually found and fixed some more bugs for this in the last few weeks that haven't been released yet. They will be available in the next release of SearchPanes, hopefully it should all work there.

Thanks,
    Sandy

This discussion has been closed.