return Invalid Date DataTable

return Invalid Date DataTable

Unfazed_Unfazed_ Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited February 2020 in Free community support

Hello Guys, what´s Up ?

Function

$.fn.dataTable.render.moment('YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss', 'DD/MM/YYYY HH:mm:ss');

I have a problem getting the function above. The dataTable return me invalid Date when i use the following code:

{
    data: 'end_campaign',
    className: 'text-nowrap',
    render: function (data) {
        if(data != 'In progress'){
            return $.fn.dataTable.render.moment('YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss', 'DD/MM/YYYY HH:mm:ss');
        }else{
            return data
        }
    }
}

I'm recieve this in back-end:

'end_campaign' => ($campaignEnd->format("Y-m-d H:i:s") != $campaignStart->format("Y-m-d H:i:s")) ?  $campaignEnd->format("Y-m-d H:i:s") : 'In progress',

Somebody can help me ?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,167Questions: 26Answers: 4,921

The dataTable return me invalid Date when i use the following code:

Can you provide a simple example so we can see the actual date format returned from the server? I'm not sure what $campaignEnd->format("Y-m-d H:i:s") will return.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• Unfazed_Unfazed_ Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

@kthorngren

This return is comming from laravel, i can show this case in the example ????

(sorry i´m noob in dataTables)

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,167Questions: 26Answers: 4,921

While setting up an example for you to start from I found the problem. You are using return $.fn.dataTable.render.moment(...) inside a render function. The data assigned to the column doesn't get sent as a parameter to the plugin function. It is meant to be used like this render: $.fn.dataTable.render.moment(...) as shown in the plugin docs and the renderer docs.

Since you want to use a render function with an if statement then you will need to use the moment() function directly. Here is an example with your render function:
    http://live.datatables.net/bawukoke/1/edit

Also this shows how you can provide us with test cases using your data :smile:

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.