FixedHeader + Bootstrap 4 column width incorrect

FixedHeader + Bootstrap 4 column width incorrect

Dennis14eDennis14e Posts: 13Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello,

I have the problem that the column width is not correct when using FixedHeader (with Bootstrap 4).
I have not yet found a solution to this problem.

Example: https://jsfiddle.net/mzqusLc1/4/

Greetings

Replies

• setwebmastersetwebmaster Posts: 78Questions: 5Answers: 0

@Dennis14e I tried your link and it does look fine for me.. maybe you have some css lying around in your browser causing problems? Try reloading it after clearing all your cache.

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

I can see the problem. @setwebmaster - it kicks in when the FixedHeader element is created. I'm not sure what the solition is, we'll get back to you.

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Interesting one as our bootstrap 4 example doesn't show that effect.

I don't have an immediate answer for you on this one I'm afraid. I've logged a bug in our internal tracker (DD-1338 for my own reference) to get this sorted for the next patch of FixedHeader (I'm not yet sure when that will be).

Allan

• setwebmastersetwebmaster Posts: 78Questions: 5Answers: 0

@colin sorry for that, I just realized it effectively only appears when the fixedHeader kicks in, I thought it was at all time when using the fixedHeader extension -_-

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Just to say that I've managed to track this down. It was due to the w-100 class on the table. That adds width: 100% !important in the CSS, and that !important is overruling the width style that FixedHeader applies.

I've committed a fix which has FixedHeader add its own !important which wins out and corrects this issue.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.