Random numbers appearing in cells.

Random numbers appearing in cells.

ht02ht02 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited April 2020 in Free community support

I'm getting random numbers appearing after the actual numbers in my cells. I am not sure why. Can anyone help? I checked the data before and after it gets loaded into the data table and the data looks correct from the console.

The actual numbers are supposed to be [0, 16224] in those cells. Other number cells do not face this problem, but I am extracting this data from a nested object.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• ht02ht02 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited April 2020

I have recreated it here this is my code http://live.datatables.net/tizexemu/20/edit. I tried it where there was only one object in the list "exome" and the random numbers didn't appear. How could I make it so that the I can display all the objects in the array?

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

It would be best to use orthogonal data. Have the populations as a single column, you'll be passed that array in the columns.render function, then you can decide how to display it there.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.