How to display 'Options' in a DataTable not using DataTable Editor?

How to display 'Options' in a DataTable not using DataTable Editor?

GRU119GRU119 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm having issues finding the correct syntax to show/hide parts of a DataTable modal. Depending on which drop-down selection you make, the modal will show/hide different fields. I have found an example of what I'm looking for, but they seem to be using the DataTable Editor which uses the new '$.fn.dataTable.Editor( {...} );' instance. I would like to leverage my current code to do the same idea, but searching how to exactly do this.

I'm creating the 'option' property within my columnSet, but how would I show a drop-down option actually would show/hide modal fields?

I have a more detailed question with pictures and code examples here on Stack Overflow here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61084433/how-to-display-options-in-a-datatable-not-using-datatable-editor

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

I'm not clear whether you're using Editor - is that the case?

If not, we're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• GRU119GRU119 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hey Colin,

Thanks for the quick reply. No, we were not using the editor but trying to use the editor functionality. I think that's the big problem. I'm going through the editor documentation now and I think I'm understanding more. Thanks again for the quick reply and sorry if this was a half baked question, but still understanding dataTables.

Thanks,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.