Why DataTables warning when show all?

Why DataTables warning when show all?

Sok VirakSok Virak Posts: 16Questions: 8Answers: 0

Hi DataTable!
i got an warning alter when I try to show all:" DataTables warning: table id=tblReport - Ajax error. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/7".Currently i'm using Server Side Processing, it's okay when data respond back 4000 rows i can show all of that, But if data return more than 5000 datatable will respond me with browser alter as below.

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

When you follow the instructions shown in the linked tech note, what does the browser show that the server is returning? My guess is perhaps a 500 error, but I can't say for sure without a test case. If that is the case, you'd need to refer to the server's error logs.

Allan

• Sok VirakSok Virak Posts: 16Questions: 8Answers: 0

500 error, mean internal server error, Is that for server side responding? I'm still wonder why i got that warning. I'm try to check data responded from server and it okay in browser but if i( show: All) i got that warning.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394
    Answer ✓

You need to check your server's error logs, as Allan said.

edited April 2020

@tangerine How can we get/catch server's error logs? Can you give me some example here?

edited April 2020

@allan Can you give me an example about sever's error logs in DataTable?

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

It depends on the server, and the applications you are using. A 500 is an error coming from your server, that you set up, so it could be coming from Apache, nginx, PHP, whatever you built your web server with!

Colin

This discussion has been closed.