Columns misaligned with scroller in firefox with linux

Columns misaligned with scroller in firefox with linux

jontxojontxo Posts: 12Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello

First of thanks for doing this great program.
The issue I have seen is that when I display a table using datatables and scroller that has only a few rows (4) in Firefox on Linux ( I have tried with ubuntu 19.10 and Archlinux last version) the table columns are not aligned correctly.
I have created the following jsfiddle where the problem can be reproduced: https://jsfiddle.net/jontxo/xnacL9d3/6/

Regards

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,171Questions: 26Answers: 4,922

You are using FixedHeader and Datatables scrolling features which aren't supported to be used together. The FixedHeader docs state this:

Please note that FixedHeader is not currently compatible with tables that have the scrolling features of DataTables enabled (scrollX / scrollY). Please refer to the compatibility table for full compatibility details.

You can also see this incompatibility listed in the Compatibility Matrix.

This is why you are seeing the misalignment.

Kevin

• jontxojontxo Posts: 12Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks for the information

I have removed the fixed header from the jsfiddle and I still see the misalignment. Is there there anything else that could be causing it ?.

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

It would be worth looking at that compatibility again - FixedColumn extension can't be used Responsive, and if you're using Responsive with Scroller, you need to ensure the child rows are shown in a modal.

Colin

thanks. now it works

I was wrong, I have modified the jsfiddle changing the responsive plugin behavior to show a modal and it doesn't work yet

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,171Questions: 26Answers: 4,922

Try removing style="table-layout: fixed; from the table tag.

Kevin

Thanks, that fixed it.

This discussion has been closed.