1 of 4 datatables not showing "...loading"

1 of 4 datatables not showing "...loading"

cha59cha59 Posts: 87Questions: 23Answers: 0

Hi,
I have 4 datatables and all works to my satisfaction. But on the heavy one with 600 lines, it doesn't show "...loading". Thats too bad, cause it's the slow one of the 4 datatables. I've tried to comment out all the extra code on the heavy one, but I cannot get it to show "...loading". It has a lot of calculations in call backs over 50 columns and also some calculations in the php files, so it's not among the fast ones, so the more useful it would be to have the "....loading".
Any ideas as to why apparently equal coded datatables has one without "...loading"?
Best regards
Claus

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,264Questions: 26Answers: 4,764

Is it an Ajax loaded table? This is from the language.loadingRecords option which provides the "Loading..." message:

Note that this parameter is not used when loading data by server-side processing, just Ajax sourced data with client-side processing.

Without seeing the problem it will be hard to offer suggestions. Can you post a link to your page?

Kevin

• cha59cha59 Posts: 87Questions: 23Answers: 0

Hi Kevin,
    Yes, it's ajax loaded tables all four of them
    Link: https://www.plearn.it/sandkasse/Editor/examples/cha_login/index.php
    logon: chac
    pw: testesen
    You will enter a read-only version. Budget is the heavy one without "...loading". Undervisere, Hold and Faggrupper are a lot smaller, but shows the "...loading"
    Best regards
    Claus

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,264Questions: 26Answers: 4,764
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓

It does show. Its centered in the table which is off the page. See screenshot:

For this page you can override the CSS if you want:

table.dataTable td.dataTables_empty {
        text-align: center;
    }

Maybe use this on that page:

table.dataTable td.dataTables_empty {
        text-align: left;
    }

Kevin

Hi Kevin
    Thanks a lot. Can't wait to try your solution.
    Best regards.
    Claus

Hi Kevin
    It works fine - to the left. In danish we say, give me a little finger, and I want the whole arm. Any idea as to how to center it on the columns shown on the screen? I use scrollY: "65vh", so that the user can scroll in chrome to see more og less columns.
    Best regards
    Claus

This discussion has been closed.