Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

ddessddess Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hello,

I'm using jquery datatable with Json bind and server side processing enabled.

When I publish my app to IIS, I'm getting this error: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined", there is no error on local development.

Please help, I need every idea of what is probably cause of that urgently, thanks a lot.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

Answer ✓

But as a start, check the JSON data - it might be the different server hasn't got permission to access the data.

Colin

• ddessddess Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0
    edited April 2020

Hi Colin, thank you very much for your answers. You are right I should use test case, but I want to learn what probably cause of that situation.

You said it might be the different server hasn't got permission to access the data, I saw that answer at different sites too. I'm new at coding, can you detail how to check this? Thank you so much.

The easiest way would be to type the URL into your browser and see if it returns the expected data.

Colin

• ddessddess Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0

Yes, that solved the issue. Thank you so much.

This discussion has been closed.