ASP.net Core beyond "getting started"

ASP.net Core beyond "getting started"

rldean1rldean1 Posts: 141Questions: 66Answers: 1

I hope everyone is safe & healthy at home.

I am very new to the world of C#, ASP.net Core/Entity Framework/ORMs and APIs.

I would very much like to provide an example to my boss, to prove that a Web API with .NET Core is a viable solution. I wish to understand it fully.

I have a mountain to climb.

Are you aware of any tutorials that explain -- in detail -- how to nail up an example ASP.net Core Web API in conjunction with the DataTables Editor ASP.net Libraries? Perhaps just a simple "read only" example.

I need to know how to get Core installed on IIS. Then, I need to figure out how to get it connected to the DB. Also, I need to know how to get DT and DTE to work with all of that.

(I've been using "manual" JavaScript applications send/receive data from our SQL box. it's VERY manual, and there's a lot of parsing data structures.)

How do I inject this knowledge into my brain? Where do I start? I want to know how to do this.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,692Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I need to know how to get Core installed on IIS.

This is beyond the scope of the support we can provide really I'm afraid - but basically you would need to install the .NET Core SDK for your computer. That should be all that is needed (assuming you have IIS already). If you use Visual Studio, then it has IIS built in can you can use that for development.

Have you tried downloading and installing the Editor .NET Core examples package? How did that go?

Allan

This discussion has been closed.