Hover text

Hover text

Philip HarveyPhilip Harvey Posts: 23Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2009 in General
Hi there,

I have some really annoying users who insist on changing the number of rows per table to be the maximum (100) and using the table like a spreadsheet, however they are now asking if the heading rows can be locked and not scroll. I have tried to talk them into 25 lines per page so the header shows at all times and failed ,,,,, so, I wonder if it was possible to make some hover text text when I hover over a column to state the column name ?.

Thanks in advance
Phil

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Hi Phil,

I suppose you could do something a little bit like the tooltips example: http://datatables.net/examples/advanced_init/events_pre_init.html - although I'm sure you can improve on that :-). Also possible, might be to integrate a plug-in which will 'float' the header at the top of the table when it is scrolled. It might actually be easiest just to clone the table and remove tbody/tfoot (i.e. leave thead) and float that as required, and add the sort event handlers as required. This has come up a number of times recently, and as such is a plug-in I'll look at developing at some point, unless someone else want to give it a go... :-)

Hope this is of some use.

Regards,
    Allan
  • Philip HarveyPhilip Harvey Posts: 23Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks Allan,

I'll have a go at the floating text, many thank s

Phil
This discussion has been closed.