SSP on Editor not updating table

SSP on Editor not updating table

f.talamini@stmingegneria.euf.talamini@stmingegneria.eu Posts: 23Questions: 11Answers: 0

Hello everybody,
I've a 500000+ row table thus it is mandatory to me to operate through SSP.
Everything is ok until I get to modify the data: after the editor form is committed nothing appens to the table.
I took a look to the ssp.class.php and I can't see any UPDATE related piece of code so I'm wondering how i need to arrange the thing.

Best regards,
Franco

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

It would be worth looking at this example here - this is doing exactly what you want. You'll see the server-side script in the tabs below the data.

Colin

• f.talamini@stmingegneria.euf.talamini@stmingegneria.eu Posts: 23Questions: 11Answers: 0

Thank you Colin.

I finally solved my problem: when using SSP calculated columns need to be [searchable: false] to avoid {"fieldErrors":[],"error":"Unknown field: (index 0)","data":[],"ipOpts":[],"cancelled":[]}

Ok, but then can you say when I should use the ssp.class.php SSP:simple()?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Franco

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

The SSP file has two classes, simple and complex. As it says in the php file for the complex class:

The difference between this method and the simple one, is that you can apply additional where conditions to the SQL queries.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.