Data column filter value not showing in chrome browser

Data column filter value not showing in chrome browser

chandrasoftchandrasoft Posts: 15Questions: 3Answers: 0

The dropdown value once selected is not showing in the box. Also the dropdown arrows not showing.The filtered rows are rendering in datatable perfectly, but the dropdown column does not show the value. This behavior is seen on Chrome browser. Safari is rendering fine. I dont know about IE or FFox. Here is the test page

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394

The data is there, but you have white lettering on a white background. Check your CSS.

• chandrasoftchandrasoft Posts: 15Questions: 3Answers: 0

thanks tangerine for the reply. I dont think there is CSS. This is working fine on Safari. Only in chrome I see this and also the dropdown arrows not showing.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394
    edited April 2020

I don't know why this would be working in Safari, but in Chrome if you run your cursor down your "SELECT" options you will see the data with white lettering - only visible one by one against the dark background for each item.
    The CSS class "eventfilter" is applied to the column's th.

eventfilter is a dummy class. no css attributes applied

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769

Right click on the select element and Inspect it. You will see that the color is being set by the normalize.less CSS, see screenshot:

Unchecking that shows both the arrows and selected option and enables the style from the "user agent stylesheet"

I'm not a CSS expert so don't have the specific fix you need. But you will need to work on the CSS config of the page.

Kevin

Thank you kthorngren. I am not sure which plugin is setting this css. Also I am not sure why this is not an issue with other browsers Safari and Firefox.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769

Have no idea for either of those. I didn't test with Safari or FF and don't see anything obvious that shows where normalize.less is being loaded. Not familiar with it.

You might try putting this in your <style> section to see if it will override normalize.less:

select {
        -webkit-writing-mode: horizontal-tb !important;
        text-rendering: auto;
        color: -internal-light-dark-color(black, white);
    }

Kevin

Thanks kthorngren. It didn't help either. I am going to get rid of the dropdown filter and just keep only global search box.

This discussion has been closed.