Datable not showing last column

Datable not showing last column

adpadp Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,
I've got a datable which has 15 columns, and is working perfectly fine.

The problem is that I need to add two more columns, but for some reason only one is showing the other is automatically hidden with display: none.

I've checked that the database is retrieving the info OK, and if I remove one of the older columns the 17th column appears.

Is it possible to show more than 16 columns? I've checked the doc and I did not find a limit configuration property or something like that.

Does anyone know why is this happening and how to solve it?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769

Do you have the Responsive Extension enabled on the table?

Without seeing your code or better a link to your page its hard to say exactly why this is happening. Datatables doesn't limit the number of columns displayed. You have something configured to hide that column.

Kevin

• adpadp Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for answering.
    I am afraid I cannot share the code as it is owned by a client of my company.

What I've seen is that the hidding is done on the datatable constructor, apparently to avoid overflowing the viewport, so to say.

Is there a way to override this?
    The datatable already has horizontal scrolling, so I expected the new columns to be added without any problem...

What I've seen is that the hidding is done on the datatable constructor, apparently to avoid overflowing the viewport, so to say.

Are you saying the responsive: true is in the constructor? If so just remove it.

Kevin

I've finally solved it by adding the "all" class to all the columns in the data table:
    <th class="all">...</th>

That way they are not hidden anymore...

Sorry,

Did not see your last reply.
    No, the responsive: true was not in the constructor.

Assuming this is the Responsive extension it can be enabled in the following ways:
    https://datatables.net/extensions/responsive/init

You can remove which ever of these options is being used.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.