searchpane refresh issue

searchpane refresh issue

mattleesmattlees Posts: 16Questions: 8Answers: 0

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue wit the 1.1.0 version of search, cascadePanes enabled, ajax datasource and calling an ajax.reload() on the table.

Example is here: http://live.datatables.net/vamogeja/1 (refresh button top left).

If you select London, then hit refresh, all other offices disappear from searchPanes. If you hit refresh again, they re-appear. It seems to be doing the searchpanes refresh based on the filtered data, not the entire data source.

If you select London and then Office Manager and refresh, office disappears completely even though threshold is set to 1, with position filtering back to office manager. A second refresh and it returns to normal.

The version here: http://live.datatables.net/biyunayu/1 has the older 1.0.1 searchpane code, and a refresh isn't showing the same filtering issue.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Thanks for pointing that - that test case definitely shows an issue. I've raised it internally (DD-1455 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Colin

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @mattlees ,

That should be the issue fixed now as you can see at this example. This will be available in the next SearchPanes release which we hope will be within the next few days to cover a couple of small bugs since 1.1.0. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

I'm just going to note it here because I can see it being mentioned while I work on it. I've found another bug in a similar area, if you select ceo and then press refresh then the other panes disappear (DD-1459) going to start work on this now and will also report back here.

Answer ✓

All fixed now and working as you can see at this example.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• mattleesmattlees Posts: 16Questions: 8Answers: 0

Thanks Colin and Sandy! Running the nightly build and it is working as expected again.

I was worried it was a change in functionality for a while ;)

This discussion has been closed.