SearchPanes 1.1.1 bug: rebuilding a single pane makes other panes unresponsive

SearchPanes 1.1.1 bug: rebuilding a single pane makes other panes unresponsive

jelsonjelson Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Test case: http://live.datatables.net/nojoqori/5/edit

I've come across a strange bug which is that calling searchPanes.rebuildPane(x), to just rebuild a single column, causes other columns to become unresponsive. In other words, the non-rebuilt search panes are still visible, but clicking anywhere on them has no effect.

In the test case above:
* There is a Javascript call to rebuildPane(2); clicking on the Office pane works normally but other panes are nonresonsive
* Commenting out the call to rebuildPane makes everything work normally
* Changing the call to rebuildPane(), i.e. no arguments, makes the panes work normally.

I came across this because I have a large (thousands of rows) table where cells are sometimes dynamically updated. Rebuilding all the panes takes a long time so I tried to only rebuild the pane for the column that had changed, but this causes all the other panes to become nonresponsive.

Replies

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @jelson ,

Something isn't right there, thanks for spotting it. I've raised an issue internally (DD-1534 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @jelson ,

That should be the issue fixed now as you can see at this example. This will be available in the next SearchPanes release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• jelsonjelson Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Thanks so much for your timely fix! Much appreciated.

Best,
    -jeremy

This discussion has been closed.