Editor: Inline Editing processing animation not showing

Editor: Inline Editing processing animation not showing

daveihdaveih Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 1

I am using the latest version of the DataTables Editor (1.9.4) with the Bootstrap 3 style.
I am not able to find any documentation about the inline processing option that displays an animation while waiting for the server response (I am using submit on blur). The loading animation just doesn't show. I can see with the inspector that the .DTE_Processing_Indicator div is appended to the inline table element, but its style is set to display:none by the DataTables styles files.
How can I correctly use the inline processing option ? Do I need to manually toggle the element style in the processing Editor event ?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

This thread should help, it's asking the same thing.

Cheers,

Colin

• daveihdaveih Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 1

Unfortunately that doesn't answer my question.
    I am asking how to use the div.DTE_Processing_Indicator that gets appended to a focused inline cell. When that cell edit is submitted to the server (hitting return, tabbing out), I need to show a processing indicator on that cell while data is being sent.
    I can do it by changing the styles of the cells with Javascript manually, but I was wondering whether there was a more elegant, API way of doing it, as the HTML element ( div.DTE_Processing_Indicator) is already there.

• daveihdaveih Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 1

Anyways I solved it with my own styles and JS control with the help of the processing Editor event.

this.editor.on('processing', (ev, enable) => {
            $(this.selector).find("td.inline.focus").toggleClass("processing", enable);
        });

This discussion has been closed.