No DB Connect within Intranet (from another Computer)

No DB Connect within Intranet (from another Computer)

mdesignmdesign Posts: 72Questions: 17Answers: 0

funny thing. everything works fine on my localmachine i cannot connect editor from another computer within the local network. is there anything i can do ?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

This sounds like a networking issue. Where are you hosting Editor's server-side scripts? That'll be the key, as it's those scripts that'll be accessing the database.

Colin

• mdesignmdesign Posts: 72Questions: 17Answers: 0

colin, i use xampp on my imac (my working-station). editor does not work i on the another mac within the network.

imac:
    .../webseiten/domain.com/dashboard/editor/1.9.2/[here they are]

The error reported by the server was: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Operation timed out

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,808Questions: 85Answers: 406

Isn't xampp just for an installation on one local computer? I am using it that way. If your database resides on a different machine within your LAN you would need to configure xampp in a way that the database becomes accessible. If that is possible at all. I don't think it is a Data Tables or Editor issue.

Mußt be an editor Issue, cause everything else is working perfect (include Database pdo or mysql Connection) over the intranet.

What could this cause ?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,308Questions: 26Answers: 4,769

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Operation timed out

There are lots of Stack Overflow threads with this error that explain the steps to take to troubleshoot, for example:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43407112/sqlstatehy000-2002-operation-timed-out

Basically the request is being sent to the SQL server but there is no response. Its not a Datatable or Editor issue. You will need to troubleshoot the path to and from the SQL server to find out where the error is.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.