Editor - table cell html content

Editor - table cell html content

colsiebcolsieb Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have many datatables on my site that I would like to start integrating some editor features onto. There is lots of html content in my table cells, is the editor capable of working with html cell content?

Typical cell html would be for example color coded bootstrap badges dependant on a Low, Medium & High priority for example.

As an example I have tried to implement some bubble editors, as you would expect the editor modal form contains the html which can be worked around by manipulating the DOM but then issues start arising elsewhere such as the data that is submitted via ajax, it is submitting data that has not changed etc.

I have looked through the docs and forums and don't really see many mention of this. I have not posted any code since this is just a general query.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

is the editor capable of working with html cell content?

Yes. Do be aware that by default Editor will encode HTML entities when writing to the DB to prevent possible XSS attacks. That can be disabled in our server-side libraries - but I'd suggest reading over this part of the manual which deals with that.

Can you show me the code you were using please?

as you would expect the editor modal form contains the html which can be worked around by manipulating the DOM

I'm not sure what manipulation you are doing here, or when, for example.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.