Client side sorting with server side processing

Client side sorting with server side processing

greennngreennn Posts: 13Questions: 8Answers: 0

Is there a way to do client side ordering while using the server side processing? I am really impressed by the server side processing as I have more than 20,000 rows and the speed is pretty good with server side processing when doing paging, filtering etc.

Having said that, when I am only loading 25 rows of data at a time, I find that it is incredibly inefficient to query the server when ordering columns when we already have them in the device. Most devices can easily arrange 25 records in ascending or descending order in a fraction of a second. Letting server handle this process takes longer and also requires a lot more work because the server will first have to look for that 25 records before filtering and then the datatable has to be redrawn again.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599
    Answer ✓

I find that it is incredibly inefficient to query the server when ordering columns when we already have them in the device.

The problem here is that when you change the ordering, you're ordering the entire table, not just the rows you have on your screen at that time, so it would need to return to the server to get that data,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.