Has Editor a LIMIT to DELETE ?

Has Editor a LIMIT to DELETE ?

mdesignmdesign Posts: 72Questions: 17Answers: 0

i can delete 49 Entries with editors multirow method. but on 50 is stops with "Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten." (german)

is there a limit configuration somewhere ?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

There's no limit, so it should be fine. We don't translate error messages, so that must be coming from somewhere else. Are you able to link to your page so we can take a look?

Colin

• mdesignmdesign Posts: 72Questions: 17Answers: 0

unfortunatly not at the moment. the error is displayed within the lightbox window of editor.

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,808Questions: 85Answers: 406
    edited July 2020

Have you tried different browsers?
    If you are not translating Data Tables and Editor messages yourself using i18n it is pretty sure the message comes from the browser.

If you don't have anything like this in your code you won't receive German error messages from Editor:

$.extend( true, $.fn.dataTable.Editor.defaults, {            
     i18n: {        
         error: {
              system: "Ein Systemfehler ist aufgetreten (<a target=\"_blank\" href=\"//datatables.net/tn/12\">Für mehr Informationen</a>)."
         }
      }      
    })

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

I suspect, based on the description, you are hitting a limit in the number of parameters submitted to the server. Are you using PHP? If so, try increasing the max_input_vars parameter for your PHP configuration.

Allan

• mdesignmdesign Posts: 72Questions: 17Answers: 0

Yes Allan i use PHP but in my xamppfiles\etc\php.ini there s no variable like "max_input_vars" - i have only "max_input_time"

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,808Questions: 85Answers: 406

Sounds like you got a problem there.
    I use this configuration for max_input_vars in my php.ini

max_input_vars = 30000

The default is much lower. So if you can't find it in your php.ini I would just try to add it.

This discussion has been closed.