The modal in editor is not showing header and footer.

The modal in editor is not showing header and footer.

ritesh1ritesh1 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited July 2020 in Free community support

The header and footer section of the modal is not shown in any of the modal with following configuration.

editor = new $.fn.dataTable.Editor( {
    table: "#data_table",
    idSrc:  'id',
    ajax: "...",
    display: 'bootstrap',
    fields: [ 
    ]
} );

Inspection shows the display option set to none. Are they hidden by default, do we have options to show/hide them?

Edited by Colin - Syntax highlighting. Details on how to highlight code using markdown can be found in this guide.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Answer ✓

This example shows what should be happening.

Have you included the Bootstrap styling files for Editor (JS and CSS) and not the DataTables default ones? The download builder can be used to make sure you get the right files.

If that doesn’t help, can you link to a page showing the issue please?

Thanks,
    Allan

• ritesh1ritesh1 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi allan, thank you for quick reply.
    I'm not sure what changes made it work, the header and footer appear now. Is there any way I can show the default ones look like bootstrap modals because I won't be able to use the editor as in the example you mentioned, I'm using the datatables defaults in others and, the bootstrap modal. My problem now is, the editor modal appears different than existing ones.

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Hi,

You can either using the DataTables default styling, or the Bootstrap integration styling for DataTables. You can’t use both together.

So if you want to use the DataTables default styling, in the download builder, make sure you select the DataTables styling option.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.