Validation mensage keep say its wrong

Validation mensage keep say its wrong

caue@comercialtrimed.com.brcaue@comercialtrimed.com.br Posts: 18Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hi there.

I'm testing the usable experience setting some values and try to make a better experience for the cliente. I'd like a help on this exemplification:

First, i tried purpose a wrong value on the first row the ge the whong mesenge:

1º Put na invalid value on salary and i worked like this:

2º I'd moved for the next row and tried purpose a wrong value on second row:

It seems to me that appear a field name that wasnt showed on the firt messenge.

3º Then I went for the first row again an tried an valid value. The messenge kept apearing

I trying on the Editor example:

https://editor.datatables.net/examples/extensions/keyTable.html

Can anyone help me to make the user experience better on the wrong messenges? It seems to me that is a messenge log on the rows.

Thank you. Cauê

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

Yep, I'm seeing that too, thanks for reporting. I've raised it internally (DD-1593 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

What is happening here is that when you exit from a field, Editor will do a submit to the server (since that option is enabled) - the form closes at that point and the dynamic error information cleared. But then the server returns the error state (since it is async), and Editor sees that, and that the field is no longer visible, so it writes the error plus the field name to the global error - hence what we are seeing here.

I think the correct way to address this is going to be to clear the dynamic info on open - you can "fake" that in our demo page using:

editor.on('preOpen', function () {
      editor._clearDynamicInfo();
    });

It is using a private method, so it isn't perfect, but it does resolve the issue until we do the next release where I'll have this in the library core.

Allan

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

This has now been fixed, but won't be pushed until the next Editor release which is likely to be in the next month,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.