How to fix grouping buttons and list position datatable?

How to fix grouping buttons and list position datatable?

PutriAlvioniaPutriAlvionia Posts: 11Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have issues with buttons data table

As you can see.. the button collection is on the right after search content, but after i click the button collection, content of collection button still on the left position, and i want to be right under the button collection itself, and one another problem is that 2 buttons not stick to each other like <div class= btn-group></div> condition, Please can anyone help me how to make a dropdown list position below the button and how to make that 2 buttons become one group?

this is the javascript codes:

$(document).ready(function () {
        $('#tbItem').DataTable({
            'dom': 'Blfrtip',
            'columnDefs': [
                {
                    'targets': [0,1],
                    'className': 'noVis'
                }
            ],
            'buttons': [{
                           'extend': 'colvis',
                           'columns': ':not(.noVis)',
                           'text': '<i class="fa fas fa-list"></i> <span class="caret text-white"></span>'
                        },
                        {
                           'extend': 'collection',
                           'text': '<i class="fa fas fa-share-alt"></i> <span class="caret text-white"></span>',
                           'buttons': [{ 'extend': 'copy', 'title': 'Re-assigned-Queries' },
                                       { 'extend': 'excel', 'title': 'Re-assigned-Queries' },
                                       { 'extend': 'csv', 'title': 'Re-assigned-Queries'},
                                       { 'extend': 'pdf', 'title': 'Re-assigned-Queries'},
                                       { 'extend': 'print', 'title': 'Re-assigned-Queries'}
                           ]
                        }],
            'lengthMenu': [[10, 25, 50, -1], [10, 25, 50, 'All']],
            'initComplete': function () {
                var btns = $('.dt-button');
                btns.addClass('btn btn-group dropdown-toggle waves-effect waves-light clr');
                btns.removeClass('dt-button');

}
        });
    });

and this is the cc codes:

<style>
.clr {
    background-color: #00cccc;
    color: white !important;
}
div.dt-buttons {
    padding-left: 20px;
    float: right;
}
</style>

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,211Questions: 1Answers: 10,205 Site admin

Hi,

In theory it should just work...! So something is going wrong somewhere - could you give us a link to a page showing the issue so we can look into it please?

Thanks,
    Allan

• PutriAlvioniaPutriAlvionia Posts: 11Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan,
    thank you so much for helping me out..the page is actually is not live it still working in my visual studio, so how can i give u the page? sorry i am still beginner..

hi tangerine, thank you for your help.. i just try use live datatable and this is my first try.. so it is not showing my button.. but javascript css and link script exactly like what i use... here the links..live.datatables.net/biserufa/2/edit

• allanallan Posts: 62,211Questions: 1Answers: 10,205 Site admin

You were loading DataTables after its extensions. Here is a working example: http://live.datatables.net/biserufa/3/edit .

I'm going to ask my colleague @Sandy to look at this, as he's been doing some work on this area recently.

Allan

oowh i see... thank you for teaching me... and thank you for helping me...

edited July 2020

Allan, i did try using button container for grouping the buttons like <div class= btn-group></div> concept..but nothing change in the buttons ..
    $('#tbItem').DataTable().buttons().container().appendTo('#tbItem_wrapper .col-md-6:eq(0)');

Allan.. how it goes..? please help me... still not working.... what should i do?

Hi Allan, just found same thread like me and Mr./Mrs./Miss Sandy Answer answer him/herself https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/comment/172496/#Comment_172496

thank you for helping me..

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @PutriAlvionia ,

Your comment beat me to it by seconds!

We've actually come across this issue before, you can find the fix in the nightly files. Take a look at this example to see it working for the test case already in this thread.

Thanks,
    Sandy

hi sandy.. thank you very much for answering and helping me.. and i have another issue that might be need your attention.. and i just wrote a private message to mr alan so you and mr allan can discuss about it... thanks again Sandy

This discussion has been closed.