What might cause the file upload choose file button to fail to work?

What might cause the file upload choose file button to fail to work?

rmeetinrmeetin Posts: 53Questions: 12Answers: 0

Description of problem:

I have been using the file upload function for some time, had a contractor customize it to display a thumb rather than full-sized image. This works fine.

Working with configuring the upload folder, some other minor stuff I noticed that the Choose file ... button is not working. In table view if you click on it all that happens is that the background changes to the customary light blue. It also fails in popup editor view.

Before clicking:

Selected:

However, drag-n-drop continues to work flawlessly. I temporarily deleted custom CSS I had added to the table and that made no difference. I can hide it however that is not a great solution.

Ideas how to fix?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 52,170Questions: 1Answers: 7,941 Site admin

Does it work okay in this example for you?

Are you able to give me a link to your page so I can take a look please? It looks like you might be using it inline?

Allan

• rmeetinrmeetin Posts: 53Questions: 12Answers: 0

The example works. The problem is both in inline/table view and popup editor.

With an earlier version of my edit forms it was working as well. My guess is that I added some javascript or perhaps styling that broke the button. It will take me some time to go through it more comprehensively and one by one eliminate various non DTE javascript and CSS files and test - yet this probably has to happen.

As is the form is located in a protected section of my development site and would require providing both Apache and admin usernames to get you there.

I'll try chore #2 first, then look into setting up access.

And the example:

https://www.dottedi.xyz/demo/bin/users.php

Username: datatables
    Password: 12345678

All demo data. Tx

We have a second question with this example. The previous guy who worked on the file upload script set up the function to create and display a thumb rather than big image in both table and editor view. It works marvelously.

All images go into an images/user-content folder like:

https://www.dottedi.xyz/demo/images/user-content/23.T.png

We would like to move all profile type images to each individual user's folder based on their ID, as in:

https://www.dottedi.xyz/demo/images/user-content/270/23.T.png

We have not been able to figure out how to get the ID into a variable that we can use in our new folder structure.

Suggestions?

Regarding the upload button I tried some additional messing with the CSS, simplifying where possible but it has not helped.

Have you had a chance to look at why the upload button is not working yet?