change "columns" in FixedColumns dataTable

guoqiguoqi Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Going to need a little more to go on than an empty post! Could you fill in the template text please, with a link to your test case so we can offer some help and also describe the issue.

Allan

• guoqiguoqi Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

I init a FixedColumns table,use options of “ajax” to call data,and options of "columns" to build column's title and render based on a time range selector.
    Just entered the page,table is ok :

<table id="dt-table"></table>
    $(function() { initTable()});

then, I change time range selector , for example,change time range from 3.1-3.7 to 4.2-4.20.now click a button ,I want to change value of options "columns", Rerequest the protocol and draw the table with 4.2-4.20:

$('#searchBt').on('click', function () { initTable(); })
    But it can't live up to that expectation.thead is disappeared,and console report an error:

It's even stranger that I click the button second time,table is right.the third time is Wrong.For the fourth time is right.So on and on

how do I change the "columns" options correctly in FixedColumns dataTable~~~~

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395
    edited July 2020

Allan posted this:

Could you fill in the template text please, with a link to your test case so we can offer some help and also describe the issue.

Respecting the forum rules is the best way to get help.

The LAN has no external links...

Does it have a way to change option item to update? like setOption()、update()

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,172Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

Most Datatables options, including columns, don't have a way to change the config dynamically. The destroy() API or destroy option is used to change the config options. This requires reinitializing the Datatable.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.