Autofill does not work if the query where condition is triggered

Autofill does not work if the query where condition is triggered

YoDavishYoDavish Posts: 123Questions: 46Answers: 3

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:
I have editor 1.9.4, datatables 1.10.21, the latest keyTable, AutoFill according the debugger both are enable and work fine for the most part.

The issue I'm having is when a user selects "YES" from a drop down option for a column named "Completed" and then tries to drag this down several column rows to perfom the Autofill, it doesn't execute. It's related to my query from the "Tableserver.php" in which I have a where clause that searches for records where "Completed" != "YES". If I disabled that line of for the query, then the AutoFill works just fine.

Is there a way to have the AutoFill still fill in multiple column rows on a filter query?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Can you give me a link to your page please? I'm not sure where a server-side where condition would effect the client-side operation of Autofill.

Allan

• YoDavishYoDavish Posts: 123Questions: 46Answers: 3

@allan I don't a link to my page since it's only internally available. I've tried my best to copy over to a live datatables the main stuff linked here:

http://live.datatables.net/fisoxope/1/edit?html,css,js

@allan just to clarify when I do the AutoFill drag on the "completed" column with a "YES" as the value the pop up notification shows an empty value rather than "YES"

Fill all cells with >

When I try this on a different column I get the value that I want to fill it in with and populates correctly

Fill all cells with _TEST _>

I've just been trying to recreate the issue, and believe I have done so here: http://live.datatables.net/layonado/37/edit (although it is slightly different from your description, so maybe it isn't the same issue?).

I think the problem is that AutoFill isn't taking into account the editField option for the column - it is just using the raw content of the cell, rather than translating that into a value.

I don't have an immediate fix for that I'm afraid.

Allan

@allan well I found sort of an alternate solution, but its limited to only 249 rows. If I have the select: true, and buttons (edit) enabled. I can selected up to 249 rows, hit the "edit" button and change the completed to Yes for those 249 rows. However this step errors out when I try anything at 250 rows or higher. I created a different ticket for this to see if there is a cap to the multiselect update.

I suspect you are hitting a limit in your PHP server’s configuration for the maximum number of parameters that can be submitted. This article appears to cover that option in PHP quite well.

Allan

@allan I've changed the php.ini value for 'max_input_vars' = 3000, originally it was set to 2000 but this did not change anything. I still get the same error, I tried setting it "@ini_set( 'max_input_vars' , 3000 );" on the tableServer.php as well and still did not work

@allan also, I tried this with AutoFill on a different column outside of the completed column, AutoFilled 304 records and it updated those with no issue.

If you use phpinfo does it confirm that the max input parameters change has taken effect?

There is no hard limit in our libraries, so we need to identify what is limiting the request.

Allan

@allan I tried putting the phpinfo() on the tableserver.php, looked at the 'max_input_vars' and it's set to 1000. I then looked at the Loaded Configuration File location of the php.ini and loaded that changed it in there, saved it. Reloaded the tableserver.php to see if it changed but it did not, did a deep refresh with ctrl F5 . It's still set to 1000. I'm not sure why it's not changing at all.

I'm afraid I don't know s it will depend upon the server's configuration. Have a look in the phpinfo output to see where it is loading the configuration from to make sure you are changing the right ini file.

Allan

• markus-reichel@gmx.demarkus-reichel@gmx.de Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello YoDavish, i have the same Problem. Did you found a solution for this problem? i can't find any restriction of 250 :-(

This discussion has been closed.