[pdfmake] warning failed to load SourceMap

[pdfmake] warning failed to load SourceMap

lenamtllenamtl Posts: 265Questions: 65Answers: 1

Hi,

I'm testing pdfmake v 0.1.36

I'm getting this warning
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for ....pdfmake/pdfmake.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE.

This was not present in older version, anyone have a fix for this?

I have opened an issue on github
https://github.com/DataTables/Plugins/issues/486

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Please don't post in both places, the forum is enough.

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• lenamtllenamtl Posts: 265Questions: 65Answers: 1

Hi,

Chrome require the map file so this this file should be included into the package and placed in the same directory of the pdfmake.js

I have downloaded the old version to fit the one used in Datatables package

https://github.com/bpampuch/pdfmake/blob/2edc027eea2ead7e5df6dfd9f264b3b286a03f64/build/pdfmake.min.js.map

That fix the warning issue

• allanallan Posts: 61,664Questions: 1Answers: 10,095 Site admin

We'll remove it from the CDN files. We don't build maps for the concatenated files.

Allan

• lenamtllenamtl Posts: 265Questions: 65Answers: 1

That's give a warning as Chrome is looking for that file
    just adding the file fix the warning.

• greenflashgreenflash Posts: 58Questions: 5Answers: 0

Installing that file seems to get rid of the problem. It's not clear to me whether you plan to fix the problem in the downloads for the minified, concatenated versions?

• allanallan Posts: 61,664Questions: 1Answers: 10,095 Site admin
    Answer ✓

We've committed a fix to our CDN server to address this problem - I just need to deploy the update. However, you are right, that won't fix the downloaded version - we'll look at address that too.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.