Button or New to search json object to create new rows into table

Button or New to search json object to create new rows into table

YoDavishYoDavish Posts: 123Questions: 46Answers: 3

I'm using editor where I have a "USERS" table. I want to make sure the username matches exactly what is in our windows active directory. So I was thinking, from the "USER" table, the client could click on the "NEW" button or perhaps "link to Windows AD" button for a new user that is not in the "USERS" table yet, which would open a new modal containing another DataTables. It would be a separate ajax call that gets the windows active directory info such as username, full name, and email. The end user could then quickly search this table, click to add who they want to link the Windows Active Directory account over the "USER" table.

So far, I have able to collect all of the Windows Active Directory information, but I'm stuck on how to make a button or use the "NEW" button to load this json information into a table that is searchable, to then quickly add that to the USERS table. Is there any examples of this anywhere I could use to start this?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Daft question perhaps, but would this not be a good use case for a select list?

I'm afraid we don't have any examples of what you are looking for specifically.

Do you have the list of AD users up front, or are you needing to Ajax loading them? I did start work on a DataTables plug-in for Editor a while back, but it isn't yet complete (layout was difficult, so that is part of DT2).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.