Searchpane nightly - Maximum call stack size exceeded

Searchpane nightly - Maximum call stack size exceeded

mattleesmattlees Posts: 16Questions: 8Answers: 0
edited August 2020 in Free community support

Hi,

Bit of a difficult one to reproduce on the debug site. This is an internal web page, getting the data via ajax. All the datatable files are the stable release except for searchpanes which is on nightly.

Searchpanes is setup with cascade true, the issue only occurs with cascade enabled. It also only occurs on the nightly build, switching back to the stable release is fine.

For the most part I can select various options in the searchpane and it'll work fine but occasionally I will select something, cascade kicks in and the figures are updated in the searchpane, however the main datatable doesn't filter. I'll get the following error in the console:
Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
at String.replace (<anonymous>)
at V (jquery-3.4.1.min.js:2)
at Function.style (jquery-3.4.1.min.js:2)
at jquery-3.4.1.min.js:2
at _ (jquery-3.4.1.min.js:2)
at _ (jquery-3.4.1.min.js:2)
at k.fn.init.css (jquery-3.4.1.min.js:2)
at _fnCalculateColumnWidths (jquery.dataTables.js:5651)
at _fnAdjustColumnSizing (jquery.dataTables.js:2139)
at _fnScrollDraw (jquery.dataTables.js:5257)

One it has errored, the searchpane will sort of work, with some columns updating their cascaded totals, others won't. The main datatable won't update. Filters that did work no longer do anything, and it just stops until you do a refresh. One you know what selection breaks it, it is repeatable. I'm guessing there is some data that is breaking a function above.

Using the nightly build for the time being as the stable has issues with preselect, it highlights the option in searchpane, but doesn't actually apply the filter to the datatable.

Do I need to attempt to get this into the debug site?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

Yep, there's a lot going on there, we would really need to see that error being generated to have any chance of diagnosing it.

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.