Help wanted for turning header rotation js code into a plugin

Help wanted for turning header rotation js code into a plugin

michaelbell_amichaelbell_a Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, I have developed some javascript code that rotates header items to allow more compact columns (please see the image). This code works great, and I would like to release it back to the community, but I need help turning it into a plugin. Is there anyone out there who would like to partner with me on this?

thanks,
michael

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

We're always open to receiving plugins, but that image doesn't look like it's a DataTable. Could you link to a page showing that, please, so we can take a look. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• michaelbell_amichaelbell_a Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

@colin
    Thanks for the links. I'm obviously new to this.
    Here is a test case:
    http://live.datatables.net/mokidiru/1/edit

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I like it at lot - nice one!

What would be nice with this plug-in is if there were a rotateHeader: true option added to the DataTables initialisation, similar to what we do for the plug-ins such as responsive and searchPanes (docs here). Ideally the column headers could also be dynamic.

I'm not sure when we'll be able to do it, but I've added it to our list :)

Allan

• michaelbell_amichaelbell_a Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

@allan My intention with the plugin would be to grab the column headers from what exists in the table. My actual code is in R/Shiny, and it does this, with some of the code in R, but for this example I tried to keep it simple.

This discussion has been closed.