KeyTables, editOnFocus, and Ajax leads to unexpected results

KeyTables, editOnFocus, and Ajax leads to unexpected results

Ianm2019Ianm2019 Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited August 2020 in Free community support

Use case:
editOnFocus: true
ajax being used for edits

Issue:
I see back in 2.5.1 keytables, there was a fix for edits not always being captured when working at speed with keytables. It appears the issue is still present when using ajax (so updates are not instantanious). I am able to type in a field, tab, type in a new field, and when the "blur" happens from the first edit finishing, the updates to the second field, while still showing in the inline edit box, do not transmit to the server on tab from that field.

Is there a way to force the 'inline' not to activate until the previous submission has returned, or another fix besides turning off editOnFocus?

Answers

• Ianm2019Ianm2019 Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Update on this: I was looking through the datatables cdn code, and found the keytables update code pushed 12 days ago, which seemed to address my issue. I updated my .js file using that 'un released' code, and it fixed the issue.

How often are new 'versions' of extensions officially released so I'm not using a nightly build?

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

How often are new 'versions' of extensions officially released so I'm not using a nightly build?

We try to release regularly, but generally it's every 6 months or so. We're aiming to make a set of release in the next couple of weeks, so watch out for KeyTables 2.5.3 which will address this.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.